Monday, December 3, 2012

Pizza Quiona Casserole


Hello everyone!! Hopefully everyone had a great weekend!! this morning was a busy morning but thankfully I had time to make pancakes, so I chose my favorite ones, Banana Pecan pancakes, from La dolce vegan by Sarah Kramer.  I love these pancakes!

Sorry I took the pic before adding the maple syrup.They consist of flour, baking powder,salt, cinnamon, non dairy milk, banana, vanilla and of course chopped pecans! I will admit I even had a couple for lunch too that were left over for breakfast.

For dinner I was in the mood for pizza and a fan of Natural Noshings blog even though its not vegan, she has great photography, When I found a recipe for Pizza Quiona Casserole, except I added non dairy cheese and much more veggie toppings,



It may not look the prettiest but it was very good, I made mine a veggie supreme,  by adding mushrooms, black olives, red bell peppers and onions and extra daiya cheese. Definitly will be making this again!



I was reading my copy of Self magazine during my lunch break today, and I really like Hayden Panettiere who was on the cover this month, I like her in the show Nashville and love all the good she has done for animals. But I was stunned to learn that she is eating meat again? In the article She says quote
 " I eat more than salad. I tried vegetarianism, but my body didn't respond well. I was low on energy, Now I make egg-white scrambles with veggies for breakfast. For lunch I have chicken or fish and greens, which are good for keeping your system working. I'm a fan of sushi for dinner, as long as the fish are not endangered. When I indulge, I try to do it in morning when I can burn it off. It's my responsibilty to be healthy and, no I'm not going to starve. I'm sorry-I can't be full on salad."

This quote really upset me, because it makes it sound like vegetarians eat just salad and that offended me.Please tell me if I read that right? but to me she could of ate more faux meats, veggies and healthy grains for energy and provide healthy nutrition, , and not make it sound like vegetarians eat just salad and starve. I hope to hear your imput on this.

Have a great night!


1 comment:

  1. I agree that is so not true! As a vegan I feel like I have been able to enjoy a whole new side of food. There is so much more to being vegan/vegetarian than salad!

    ReplyDelete