Sunday, December 2, 2012

Italian eggplant casserole with cashew tofu riccotta

Hello everyone, Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend, it is beautiful outside just came in with Kaylee it is 55degrees outside which is nice for Pennsylvania in December. This morning I woke up and had some beans and corn left over from the tamales so I made them into a mexican tofu scramble it was very good!


Tonight I am having Italian eggplant casserole with cashew-tofu riccotta, from The Vegan Slow Cooker, By Kathy Hester. I have had lots of recipes from this book so far and It never disappoints me and I love slow cooker books because you can make and kinda forget about it till its done.
The recipe consists of  Eggplant, marinara sauce, cooked pasta, The cashew tofu ricotta consists of cashews, nutritional yeast, firm tofu, non dairy milk, and salt and pepper to taste and the steps are super easy.


 Layer the sauce such as marinara sauce then eggplant then tofu-cashew ricotta
 Repeat layers 2 more times till you get a total of 3 layers
 
Cook on low 6-8 hours
Put on top of cooked pasta and enjoy!!

Off to finish cleaning hope everyone has a great day!!

4 comments: