Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chili & Southern sweet corn bread

Hi everyone sorry I have not posted in a couple of days, the weekdays are always so crazy to post, but on the weekends is when I catch up. But that doesn't mean that there hasn't been lots of cooking or events going on. First of all Logan lost his second tooth while eating fresh cut up pairs the other day. Here is a shot of him so happy! The tooth fairy did come and leave him some money!



Last night we had Chili & Southern sweet corn bread, the chili is the wendys chili recipe from copy cat.com you can see the recipe here I added portobellos instead of faux meat. and the Southern sweet corn bread is from Quick and easy vegan celebrations, by Alicia Simpson. It turned out fantastic!



The cornbread consists of cornmeal, all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, fine sea salt, and ect. It turned out sweet and moist, more like a dessert cornbread. And I look for any time to use my cast iron skillet. Very easy to make basically you add everything together in a bowl, then add it to the greased cast iron skillet and bake. Will definitly be making this again.

Tonight I am having gardien chicken & Wendy's lentil & brown rice casserole, from La dolce vegan, by Sarah Kramer


I have made this before and La dolce vegan is one of my favorite books becauase all of the recipes are quick and delicious. This casserole consists of red lentils, brown rice, veggie stock, crushed tomatoes, and ect. I did not have any vegan chess for on top though, but it was still great!

Off to take Kaylee to see santa tonight, wish us luck, hopefully she is in a good mood and no tears LOL! and Logan and Gabe are going to the movies. We are not going to the movies because Kaylee in a movie theatre would be a disaster having her sit still!  Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. La Dolce Vegan is the cookbook I always go to when I want something easy and delicious! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete